Friday, March 21, 2014

The Lost Are Still There

It is very difficult for me to stand back and contemplate the fact that people, any people, without Christ as their personal Lord (meaning that they have the Holy Spirit see Romans 8) are going to be eternally separated from the life of God in a "saving" way. In fact this thought is terrible! I challenge you, if you haven't lately, to prayerfully step back and look at people as lost sheep (no matter how much you might dislike certain people); like Jesus did with the crowds following him, as he looked at them with a deep compassion, like they were sheep without a shepherd. We participate in this life of Christ, in the life that looks at people with deep compassion; and then he acts for this people's good (both eternally and temporally).

As I stopped and considered this at work, as I looked at the guys and gals I work with, and think that most of them don't have a personal and saving relationship with the God of the universe in Jesus Christ; my heart broke.

Anyway, just a quick reflection :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment